Friday 18 January 2013

WINTER PAWS RESCUE



(Dermal Therapy Extra Strength Body Lotion, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment & Skin Protectant, The Body Shop Hemp Intensive Hand Butter)



With the wintery blizzards outside and the forecast for more snow across the weekend, the risk of being snowed in is becoming pretty likely.. meaning no getting to work, no getting to the shops, no post, basically this snow is inconvenient and disruptive? But theres always a silver lining right? What about the fact that, this gives us girlies a perfect excuse to put our feet up and pamper ourselves silly? Eh so now it doesn't seem so bad, If you're anything like me, it's hard to find time to justify an hour long hair treatment and its those late nights waiting for your favourite nail polish to dry that leave us longing for another hour in bed in the morning, so thank you weather gods for giving me the best excuse for a bit of me time.
For me, its this time of year when my skin really needs that extra bit of TLC and the one part that always seems most affected is my hands. I'm prone to dry hands the majority of the year as the backs of my hands seem to be very sensitive to any chemical product (i.e- washing fluids, cleaning sprays etc) so this post is dedicated to my holy grail products that keep my mittens polished and nourished even through these winter months.
I think the main saviour is (Dermal Therapy Extra Strength Body Lotion) This was actually recommended to me by a Medical Herbalist for my sensitive and dry hands and its worked wonders! It contains, Urea which allows skin cells to absorb and hold moisture and Hydroxy Acids which helps displace old, dry skin. It also contains Silk protein which improves skin tone and gives a smooth, non greasy feel. I can't rave about this product enough it's made my skin so silky smooth and has got rid of any dry, roughy areas - I love it!
My second hand love (Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment) In my view the 'Eight Hour' range is like Marmite - you either love it or hate it, and from trying quite a few products from the range, I'm definitely a lover! This rich cream is perfect to keep me going between using my Dermal Therapy and great for taking around with me in my bag, I love the Elizabeth Arden packaging, this cream looks great on my bedside table.
From the same range my third product (Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Skin Protectant) when I first got this I didn't think I had much purpose for the gel-like oil but now it's found its place in my routine I couldn't live without it. This is designed for severely dry patches on the skin but its oily finish can make it pretty inconvenient. I use the smallest amount rubbed into my cuticles and over any dry areas, under my moisturiser, it's great for soothing any rough skin around my nails.
And finally, last but not least (The Body Shop Hemp Intensive Hand Butter) I love this product! I use this intense treatment about once a week - I smother it over my hands before bed and put on my Body Shop Moisturising Gloves on to help lock in the treatment overnight. This heavy-duty hydration treatment contains fair trade hemp seed oil, it's for quite a strong scent but in my opinion it smells really healthy! Which I like, I'm a fan of the whole Hemp range, but if you can't stand the smell of Hemp products, steer clear of this one!
So that's my little routine to keep my hands soft and moisturised all seasons long, if you have any comments or suggestions please leave a comment below!
Happy snow time everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment